Hank Harmon Rifle Range, Inc.
An Alaska Nonprofit Corporation
P.O. Box 33012
Juneau, Alaska 99803
WELCOME TO THE HANK HARMON RIFLE RANGE
This range is open to the public every day of the year during daylight hours. The range is unsupervised and the only restrictions pertain to safety and good conduct. YOU SHOOT AT YOUR OWN RISK. Unlike most ranges there are no mandatory dues or fees. The operation is financed almost entirely by user fees derived from shooting clubs and donations. Very little money comes from the public coffers. The facilities are owned by the City and Borough of Juneau, but tax dollars available for operations and maintenance are minimal.
Because of these conditions it is absolutely necessary that every shooter assume a high degree of responsibility.Failure to do so will require the hiring of a range master, user fees from all shooters, and highly regimented shooting procedures, as is the case at almost all other ranges in the U.S. The cost of operating the range runs into thousands of dollars per year. Donations from the public have fallen far short of this cost. Another threat to the unrestricted use of the range is careless use of firearms.
This range is located at 1.4 mile Montana Creek Road. There are two ranges on the property. The short range is 100 yards and the long range is 400 yards. The short range is generally best for handguns and rimfire rifles while the long range is more suited to high power rifles. Target frames are often unavailable so bring your own.
To assure continuing, unrestricted use of the Hank Harmon range we ask for your cooperation. Please consider a range membership of $5 per year which is available from the caretaker or contribute at least $2 per day in the donation boxes at the range. Shooters must observe all posted range rules as well as the following safety rules:
1. USE OF OR BEING UNDER THE INFLUENCE DRUGS OR ALCOHOL IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
2. FIREARMS WILL BE HANDLED IN A SAFE MANNER AT ALL TIMES.
3. EYE AND EAR PROTECTION STRONGLY RECOMMENDED FOR SHOOTERS AND SPECTATORS.
4. FIRING IS ALLOWED ONLY FROM THE MARKED FIRING LINE.
5. BEFORE FIRING, BE ABSOLUTELY SURE RANGE IS CLEAR.
6. SHOOT STRAIGHT DOWNRANGE. NO CROSS FIRING ALLOWED.
7. ALL GUNS MUST BE UNLOADED WITH ACTIONS OPEN BEFORE ANYONE MOVES DOWNRANGE.
8. NO HANDLING OF FIREARMS WHEN ANYONE IS DOWNRANGE.
9. NO SHOOTING OF AERIAL TARGETS.
10. NO SHOOTING OF PAINT BALL GUNS.
11. NO GLASS TARGETS OR METAL TARGETS ALLOWED.
12. PACK IT IN, PACK IT OUT! REMOVE YOUR LITTER.
13. PARENTS, SUPERVISE YOUR CHILDREN.
14. NO PETS ALLOWED ON THE RANGE.
15. RANGE IS OPEN FROM SUNRISE TO SUNSET.
16. THIS RANGE IS CBJ PROPERTY. ALL CITY LAWS AND ORDINANCES WILL BE ENFORCED.
17. FAILURE TO COMPLY WITH ALL POSTED RULES MAY RESULT IN PERMANENT EXPULSION FROM THE RANGE AND/OR CRIMINAL AND CIVIL PROSECUTION.
18. REPORT ALL PROBLEMS TO CARETAKER OR BOARD OF DIRECTORS